Kotara High School is a coeducational, high school with strong community support. Established in 1968 we are committed to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum. At Kotara our goals are underpinned by our school mission statement, Planning is lead by a committed executive and staff, parents and students
- Religious education in Years 7-10 is part of the junior curriculum
- Close links with primary feeder school is able to facilitate educational continuity K to 12
- There is a Hearing Support Unit and provision for students who have a hearing impairment to be integrated into mainstream classes.
The mission of Kotara High School is to challenge each student in a safe, caring, comprehensive public school to:
· maximise individual achievement
· realise intellectual potential
· develop moral and ethical values
· develop self discipline and initiative
We provide quality education through effective and enjoyable teaching and learning, actively supported by the whole school community.