This code applies to all school settings and for all occasions under the auspices of Kotara High School.
All Students at Kotara High School are expected to:
- Attend school every day, unless legally excused, and be in class on time and prepared to learn. Students (Yr 7 – Yr 11) are not to leave the school grounds at any time without a signed leave slip.
- Maintain a neat appearance, including adhering to the requirements of the school's uniform and dress code policy. This includes the policy on out of uniform days.
- Behave safely, considerately and responsibly, including when travelling to and from school.
- Show respect at all times for teachers, other school staff and helpers, this includes following class rules, speaking courteously and cooperating with instructions and learning activities.
- Treat one another with dignity and respect. All students have the right to resolve problems peaceably without harassment or verbal abuse.
- Care for property belonging to themselves, the school and others.
- Care for the environment of the school and its immediate surrounds. This includes keeping your area of the playground clean and tidy.
- Strive to reach your personal best. Aim High in all aspects of your schooling.
Behaviour that infringes on the safety of others, such as harassment, bullying and illegal or anti social behaviour will not be tolerated. No parents are to pick up students in the rear car park. This has serious safety implications and has always been banned. Parents are asked to pick students up along Coriston Cres.
A further reminder to parents and students that we must be particularly careful to comply with the parking and speed restrictions that apply around the school. Child safety and the safety and comfort of our closest neighbours must be paramount in our considerations.
Update records We have recently had difficulty contacting a number of parents when their children have fallen ill or are in some trouble. It would be appreciated if parents keep communicating with the school regarding any changes to their child's circumstances. Any changes of address or medication must be communicated immediately in the interests of your child's safety.